Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

Just bought a 1989 YJ 6 cyl with 115,ooo It's hard to get it

Customer Question

Hi, just bought a 1989 YJ 6 cyl with 115,ooo It's hard to get it to start/turn over when not driven each day but if I do drive it every day it starts on a dime. Had it tuned up the day after I bought it and carb set so it isn't running rich and idles perfectly. Saw a fix on Redneck garage? Thoughts? Debbie
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: New battery and all new lines were put in during major tune up.
JA: What is the model of your '89 Jeep?
Customer: YJ 89
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No have a shop that works on Jeeps. He'd did a major tune up and checked out everything swapt out what needed changing. The only thing is this cold start issue runs great.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just hard to start when cold but starts on a dime if I run it every day
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. When you say it will not start/turn over, do you mean that it cranks cranks cranks cranks cranks and not fires up, or that it does not crank, or cranks very slow?

Chris