Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

I have a 05 Jeep Liberty Diesel and am getting no heat in

Customer Question

I have a 05 Jeep Liberty Diesel and am getting no heat in the cabin. New heater core installed and still no heat, new thermostat and still not heat. Dealer mechanic says there is a secondary water pump that is not working and they can not get to my vehicle for a while. Where is the secondary water pump that supplies water for the heater core and is it an easy fix or a fuse problem?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name is***** will be helping you with your question today...

Expert:  Brad replied 1 month ago.

The supplemental cabin heater (viscous heater) uses an electro-mechanical clutch that receives a signal from the diesel engine control module (ECM) via the A/C-heater control and the cabin heater controller that energizes and engages the clutch. Once engaged, the clutch allows the viscous heater to increase the temperature of the engine coolant flowing to the heater core, which provides heat to the passenger compartment quicker than diesel engines without the supplemental cabin heater.

The supplemental cabin heater generates heat by means of friction which heats a special silicon oil within its housing. The heat is then transferred to the engine coolant when the coolant passes over the fins within the pump. When demand for passenger compartment heat decreases the supplemental cabin heater will receive an input from the cabin heater controller to disengage the clutch.

The supplemental cabin heater cannot be repaired and, if faulty or damaged, the entire cabin heater assembly must be replaced.

Are both heater hoses going to the firewall equally hot or is one colder than the other?

Talk soon,

Brad

Expert:  Brad replied 1 month ago.

If the lines are cold then you likely have a bad pump, bit if both are hot then you have a HVAC issue meaning your blend door is likely bad..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Fuse is good on secondary water pump (vicious heater) can't find water lines going to heater core. Where they located? I found ac lines going to cabin heatet
Expert:  Brad replied 1 month ago.

I have attached the location of the heater core lines..

Have a great day,

Brad