Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
Looking at the info on this model here there is no security feature that will keep the engine from cranking over.There is a special procedure on replacing the switch so it is done right.I will post it below so you can make sure it was all installed correctly.If it is installed correctly there is a good chance the new switch is defective and is not sending a crank signal to crank over the engine.If you have a test light or multi meter I can walk you through some testing on this to be sure.If found to be the cause it should be swapped with a new one at no cost to you under parts warranty.
1. Disconnect battery ground cable.
2. Remove tilt lever, if equipped, by turning counterclockwise.
3. Remove upper and lower covers screws, then the covers.
4. Remove ignition switch mounting screws, then carefully pull switch away from column. Release two connector locks on the seven-terminal connector, then remove the connector from the switch.
5. Release connector lock on Key-In-Switch and Halo Lamp four terminal connector, then remove connector from ignition switch.
6. Remove key cylinder from the switch as follows:
a. With key inserted and ignition switch in lock position, use small screwdriver to depress key cylinder retaining pin flush with key cylinder surface.
b. Rotate the key cylinder to the Off position, then unseat the key cylinder from ignition switch. Do not remove key cylinder.
c. With key cylinder unseated, about 1/8 inch above ignition switch, rotate key counterclockwise to the lock position and remove the key, then the cylinder.
1. Replace ignition switch, if necessary.
2. Install electrical connectors to switch. Ensure locking tabs are seated properly.
3. Mount ignition switch to the column. Ensure park/lock dowel pin engages with column park/lock slider linkage.
4. Ensure ignition switch is in Lock position and flag is parallel with ignition switch terminals.
5. Apply a dab of grease to flag and pin, then position park/lock link and slider to mid-travel. Position ignition switch against housing face. Ensure pin is inserted into park/lock link contour slot. Torque retaining screws to 17 inch lbs.
6. Install covers to column and torque screws to 17 inch lbs., then the tilt lever.
7. Connect battery ground cable.
8. With key cylinder and ignition in lock position, carefully insert key cylinder into ignition switch, until it bottoms.
9. Insert key and gently pushing on key cylinder, rotate key clockwise to end of travel.
10. Check that proper operations of push to lock, halo lighting, accessory,lock, Off, Run, start, column lock and shift lock are functioning.
If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.