Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified

2013 Sahara battery will not hold charge..... I took a

Customer Question

2013 Sahara battery will not hold charge.....
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: I took a voltage reading after it would not turn engine and read 8.5 vdc
JA: What is the model of your '13 Jeep?
Customer: 4 dr 2013 Sahara
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Put a batt. charger on and it held fine for a week. Checked the VDC from the terminals of the battery every other day and was fine. Now a week later same symptoms
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope want to know how to eliminate alternator as problem.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 18 days ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name is***** will be helping you with your question today...

Expert:  Brad replied 18 days ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

It sounds you have a bad cell in the battery and I would have the battery load tested to properly test it and any local parts stores will do this free of charge...

To test the alternator you will need a multimeter set on DCV and start the engine, then connect the red and black leads to the battery and see if it's charging 13-14v.. If yes then you don't have a alternator issue..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,