Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master...30+ years...Shop owner..engine builder..collision structural repair
2947720

I need to replace the rear taillight on a 2013 Grand

Customer Question

I need to replace the rear taillight on a 2013 Grand Cherokee Overland. It is not the blinker unit. It is the one that is part of the tail gate.
JA: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?
Customer: How do I remove the light to get at the bulb? I know there are two nuts on the tailgate but once those are removed how does the unit slip out?
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I want to remove the light myself but unsure how to remove the unit to get at the bulb.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope, that is it. Thank you.
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I need to replace the bulb but I don't know how to remove the unit to gain access to the bulb. It is the unit that is part of the tail gate. I know there are two nuts to remove but how do I remove the unit after the two nuts are off. I don't want to force and break any plastic or chip paint.
Expert:  Jerry replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Expert:  Jerry replied 4 months ago.

There are actually 4 acorn that hold the inner tail light assembly in. The trim panel has to come off, 2 are hidden under there.

Expert:  Jerry replied 4 months ago.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating. Thanks.