Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year working in the automotive field as a Tech.

2008 jeep commamder intermitantly loosing power in druve.

Customer Question

2008 jeep commamder intermitantly loosing power in druve. not shifting I believe. pull over and restart temporarily cures problem
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: purchased vehicle used age of tranny probably same as vehicle 2008. no leaking noticed
JA: Are you fixing your Commander yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: was going to attempt transmission flush
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Ron replied 16 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 16 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Doing a flush is always a good idea but at the same time in order to determine if the problem is an internal concern and or an electronic control concern you need to start with having the computer system scanned to see if there are any fault codes setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will see if I can help you determine the cause.