Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

My jeep grand Cherokee 2011, won't start from the 1st try,

Customer Question

My jeep grand Cherokee 2011, won't start from the 1st try, the lights and and dash board light up normal but it won't start from 1st attempt, after a couple of attempts it does start
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. When you say that it wont start, do you mean that it just crank cranks, cranks, cranks, cranks, cranks, and does not fire? Or does nothing at all happen when you turn the key to the start position?

Chris

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
When I turn the key to start the car the engine does not start (no crank), the dashboard lights up though, after a couple of attempts engine starts. The engine light on the dashboard stays on (not flashings), this stated to happen after they changed the coil and sparks on cylinder 8
Expert:  Chris replied 5 months ago.

Ok thanks. Based on that information, I am thinking that you may have a failing starter motor, or ignition switch. If you can get it to happen at the shop or dealer, then the technician will be able to determine if it is the starter. A voltagetest at the starter terminal can confirm this.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 5 months ago.

I hope that this information is helpful and if so, would you kindly take a moment and rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me. Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 5 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply? Please let me know if you did or did not. I can always send it again if needed.

Chris