Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I was driving home tonight, and the engine runs fine, until

Customer Question

I was driving home tonight, and the engine runs fine, until you hold a steady speed or, idle at a light. then it does a best described as a hiccup or a burp
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: it only does it after the engine and transmission are at full running temp usually
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 2015
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: jeep renegade
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I noticed that when the "burp" happens the lights dim
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 18 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

So far this sounds like a concern with the belt slipping or the alternator output voltage spiking high or low briefly.

Is this a single event or does it happen multiple times once it starts occurring?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.