Greg, Technician
Experience:  maintain jeep wrangler's for a off road rental company,

Light randomely going crazey, pop sound through radio etc. I

Customer Question

idiot light randomely going crazey, pop sound through radio etc.
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: I can here ?? in dash of course the radio etc a month. but won't do for dealer and they seem to be clueless. Dealer says I need to relace egr valve and throttle body and glow plugs, however don't know if that has anything to do with problem.
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 2006 liberty limited diesel
JA: Are you fixing your Liberty yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: cleaned all posts, replaced battery pulled allfuses cleaned off and re installed. The dash cluster dimmer lights fuse repeatedly needs replaced
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 15 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The EGR and EGR flow control valve would cause an engine light but it doesn't appear they would cause what you're describing. These are both on the engine.

Does the noise come from the radio area in the dash, or are you hearing something through the speakers?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Call me(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
When electrical interrupts pop sound through all.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
When can I communicate with someone real time. Question has not been answered. Do not charge 21.00.

I'm unable to talk on the phone and am a full time tech at work. I'm unable to respond immediately. If a phone call is a necessity I can open the question for others and allow you to wait and see if another expert will respond.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Txt OK but when can we have conversation rather than PC meal?

I don't follow.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I'm sure this will take some dialogue back and forth. Is there a time in which we an do this. I can fill you in in more detail and respnd to?'s as they come up. When can we do this in a setting rather than back n fortn with bits n pieces. Do not charge my account the 21.oo until we can do so??
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Best to set time to call so I can be available in interrupted.

We can converse through the question page as we have been or I can open the question and allow you to wait to see if another expert is willing to help if a phone call is a necessity.

Expert:  Greg replied 15 days ago.

Hi .

Before i call you we need to set a few issue clear .

The check engine light is Flashing or coming on and off randomly.

Now for the dealer to come out with you needing a new EGR ? what was the malfunction code for them to say this.

Remember when the check engine light comes ON then there must be a code (EGR)

I need these code to continue with this and call you on the phone.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
A) They did not give the codes
B) Stated that codes showed needing to replace 1 egr valve, 1 throttle body/egr, 6 glow plugs, 1 battery.However
A) yes I replaced battery
B) Ive had one glow plug out for 3 years no change there
When I enquired re: relativity of egr and throttle body replacement relavant to current issue... answer was they are not connected, but wanted me to know these should be done.More often than not the ETC warning light leads the pack and some times stays blinking after others stop. When this happens and it can do it once in a day, or continually on an off through the day. Does not matter running, parked, smooth or bumpy. Can not make it happen. If I stop and turn off then go again it may do again right away or hour later. All the warning lights goon and off at a blinking pace..... Another indicater that may point you some where is that the dash lights fuse has been going out regulary. I think this is a strong clue, or is simply casued by the other. Have los that fuse about every 2 wks for a couple of months. That's new and seems regular. I don't know if perhaps I put the wrong size fuse in it. Ill have to look?When light go bugy, so also spped dial goes to 0 enven at 0 and tack goes nuts...Little to no noticeable running operttion change.Of course cruies has to be reset. Usually rests by simple reseting, but om times have to turn engine off ans restart before working again.Hopefully this may help
Expert:  Greg replied 15 days ago.

Hi .

This is a hands on job just giving you an idea may just lead to a run around .

Having the codes would be very helpful. to me sounds like a problem with the EGR and crank sensor ?

Rgds Greg

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
P1140, P0401, 1 2 4 Glow plug circut & System Voltage Code (I replaced Battery) Does this help??
Expert:  Greg replied 14 days ago.

Which engine do you have 3.0Lcrd

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
4 cyl turbo diesel
Expert:  Greg replied 14 days ago.

Yes sir this i know but this car was fitted with three types 2.7L 2.8L and the 3.0L crd

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Expert:  Greg replied 13 days ago.

Just been checking on these codes and i don't have any information on how you can solve this problem .

I will have to opt out and see if another expert can assist you sorry for the delay i did try .

Rgds Greg

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Poo.. Well please refund all charges. Thanks go trying