Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I need wiring diagram for front seats/seat belts on 2005

Customer Question

I need wiring diagram for front seats/seat belts on 2005 jeep liberty sport.
JA: If you don't mind, tell me why you need it. Sometimes that information helps.
Customer: I replaced front seats with those from a junk yard, not sure the year. air bag and seat belt warning lights stay on.
JA: Are you fixing your Liberty yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Tried using multimeter to compare continuity checks with seats. Left seat from junk yard switches from open to short with seat buckle latched.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Sorry, I hit a wrong key. Original left seat belt latch did not change, Maybe I did something wrong when checking it. The only visual difference I can see is that the original right seat belt buckle has no wiring whereas the junk yard seat does similar to the left. A manual I have said to disconnect battery prior to replacing seats which I was not aware of until afterwards.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

HI,

Ok, I need to know if the seats are just power seats, memory seats, or if they also have heating and cooling in the seats?