Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified

I bought a 2000yr model Jeep Wrangler which has a lift.

Customer Question

I bought a 2000yr model Jeep Wrangler which has a lift. There is about 10 inches of play in the steering wheel. Can this be corrected?
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 22 days ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name is***** will be helping you with your question today...

Expert:  Brad replied 22 days ago.

10 inches of play is extremely excessive and yes it can be corrected. The first think I would do is check all of your steering components to loose play. Have someone move the steering wheel back and forth and inspect the tie rod ends, trackbar, etc.. Replace all the loose components and then have an allignment and you should be in good shape..

Expert:  Brad replied 21 days ago.

I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..

Thank you and have a great day,