Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have a 2006 Jeep grand Cherokee sometimes when

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Jeep grand Cherokee sometimes when accelerating it takes a long time for it to go
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I have had The transmission flush and filter's changes in the tranny
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Could it be a sensor on the jeep
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 24 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Can you give me some advice on my jeep

Are you saying you apply throttle and the rpms are slow to rise?

Does it act like its in the wrong gear?

Doe the engine have any running issues?

Any warning lights on?

Does this occur at all speeds?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
It's has no running issue ! It just seems like it takes a moment to go when pushing on the gas every so warning lights only at take off

When you are taking off and this occurs does it act like it is in the wrong gear?

Will the rpms increase but speed does not?

How long does the hesitation last?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
It act like its in neutral its take a minute then it goes . It doesn't happen all the time it's random

Prior to past trans service was the trans oil dirty or did it have an odor?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
It was dirty never been change before
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 23 days ago.

I believe your delay is being caused by a transmission issue. More likely from a weak piston seal on the under drive clutch causing the clutch plates to not remain compressed. The prior fluid indicates that it was contaminated with friction material worn off the clutch plates. There is not a fix in a bottle. Eventually an overhaul will be needed.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
What do you think the cost to fix it would be

If you went to a dealer had your transmission removed, overhauled, installed. Parts and labor 1400-2100$

Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 20 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris