Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

No heat and also it is stuck in the a/c mode so only cold

Customer Question

No heat and also it is stuck in the a/c mode so only cold air comes out through the a/c duct work. The heater hoses are both hot so I know the core is not clogged. I pulled off the vacuum lines off the back of the control knobs and there was no vaccuum
JA: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?
Customer: coolant level is full and thermostat is new. when I turn the contrl knobs I do not hear the ducts working
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 2002 jeep liberty
JA: Are you fixing your Liberty yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am fixing it myself. I checked the heater core hoses and both are hot. I pulled off the vacuum lines from the control knobs and did not feel any vacuum from the lines. I do not hear the doors opening or closing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Cary York replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I’m Cary and I’ll be helping you today.
Please understand that I can't smell, hear, or touch the vehicle, so patience is appreciated. Before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating..

If there is no vacuum to the control head we need to fix that first. Is the air blowing out the defrost only?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Just out of the a.c. ducts
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I did look for vacuum lines going into the firewall but did not see any

Sorry my diagram does not show one either. I will opt out so another expert can help.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I do not hear any ducts moving when I turn the control knob or the temp knob