Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

Have 2005 keep crd get low turbo boost code all lines check

Customer Question

Have 2005 keep crd get low turbo boost code all lines check for leaks turbo checked have checked for leaks none anywhere waste gate and everything in turbo checks out unable to find problem. I am a disabled vet and this is my means of transportation. Has Ben in shop for three days they are at a loss could bad egr cause this with out the egr code coming up only code is po299
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: Yes only code is po299
JA: What year is your Turbo?
Customer: 2005 keep 2.8l crd
JA: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No told you it has Ben in shop for three days they can find nothing wrong
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. YES! a sticking EGR valve can and will set a low turbocharger boost code. I am a shop foreman at a Jeep dealer and have seen this more than once. I was getting nowhere until I replaced the valve. Based on what you have told me, I feel confident that replcing the EGR valve will fix this problem.

Chris

I hope that this information is helpful and if so, would you kindly take a moment and rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me.

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.
Good morning! Just checking back to see if you received my answer from yesterday. Please let me know if you did or did not. I can send it again if necessary.Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
will not know till new is in place
Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.

Ok sounds good. Thanks for getting back to me. Please do let me know after the EGR valve is replaced.

Chris