roybelding, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  My knowledge of Jeeps from the early 60's till present. Love to help people with there issues.

My jeep has been sitting still for about 6 months, I just

Customer Question

My jeep has been sitting still for about 6 months, I just finally got it fixed. Now it's starting to overheat very quickly. The air conditioner hasn't worked for a long time, still not sure why. Now I'm assuming the radiator cooling fan isn't working either. Are they connected?
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?
Customer: The coolant is full, the first thing I did when I finally fixed it was to drain all of the fluids and re fill them
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 2001 Grand Cherokee laredo
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have so far, I don't know that much about cars however. I've done well enough to fix my stabilizer bar and steering damper, but I know nothing about the electricals
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that about sums it up
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  roybelding replied 28 days ago.

good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist

I suggest starting with replacing the thermostat. once it opens, the ac should work better, fans should come on and it will not overheat