Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicle

I have a 2007 Grand Cherokee CRD. It overheats and the fan

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Grand Cherokee CRD. It overheats and the fan relay never comes on. In my quick check of relays, i found two empty sockets labeled Rad Fan Hi and Rad Fan Lo. Neither socket has a relay. Could this be the problem or is it normal to have no relays? I bought it used.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey peter

is this the lay out of the fuse box of where you found 2 radiator fan missing ,the low & high

does it look like the diagram i sent you

http://2007 Jeep Truck Grand Cherokee 4WD V6-3.0L DSL Turbo VIN M

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

bottom 2 relays in the box

that is the connector for it

1. Raise vehicle on hoist. 2. Drain cooling system. NOTE: The hydraulic fan drive is driven by the power steering pump. When removing lines or hoses from fan drive assembly use a drain pan to catch any power steering fluid that may exit the fan drive or the lines and hoses. NOTE: When ever the high pressure line fittings are removed from the hydraulic fan drive the O-rings must be replaced. 3. Disconnect two high pressure lines at hydraulic fan drive. Remove and discard o-rings from line fittings. 4. Disconnect low pressure return hose at hydraulic fan drive. NOTE: The lower mounting bolts can only be accessed from under vehicle. 5. Remove two lower mounting bolts from the shroud. 6. Lower vehicle. 7. Disconnect the electrical connector for the fan control solenoid. 8. Disconnect the radiator upper hose at the radiator and position out of the way.

Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 29 days ago.

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Apreciatted

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) AND WASTE YOUR MONEY ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue & you're not wasting your money.
Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.
you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue
(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician

Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 25 days ago.

Hey how are you

just checking on you to see if you need any further assistance on it ?

Thank you