Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

I have a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with a fuel leak

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with a fuel leak between the fuel pump and the filter. I was told part # 521001p68AE was no longer available. What is the answer on how to fix the leak or what part is needed?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 2 months ago.
Can you recheck the part number again? It shows invalid. What exactly are you needing?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How to correct the leak>
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I want to speak with the mechanic on how to correct the leak problem.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will stay with the msg and my request is a staight forward how do I fix the leak/what parts are needed, what are the jeep part numbers.
Expert:  Brad replied 2 months ago.

Can I get your VIN number to look up the line from the pump to the filter?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
1J4GW48SO1C620089
Expert:  Brad replied 2 months ago.

Ok the part number for the lines from the fuel pump is 52100196AE and it changes to 68202491AA. It shows the parts as NS1 which means we(Dealership) do not sell it anymore. I tried to "Google" search for any lines and I couldn't find any. So at this point if the plastic lines are leaking you will need to cut out the bad line and install 3/8 rubber fuel injection line and use fuel injection clamps to ensure no leaks.

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you Brad for the first straight and complete answer I have recieved. You earned 5 Stars
Expert:  Brad replied 2 months ago.
You are very welcome!!!Sorry for the bad news but I can assure you it's correct.Have a great weekend,
Brad