Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech

Jeep is 2.5 / 4cyl / could transfer case be damaged also

Customer Question

jeep is 2.5 / 4cyl / could transfer case be damaged also with this kind of impact? / what about u-joint? / both vehicles in wreck were going about 35-40mph / what about alignment damage? / what about brakes? / what about electrics? / again- jeep was in good working order all over before wreck - after wreck the jeep is not drivable / I could drive jeep down the highway comfortably at 55mph-60mph before wreck, now I cannot drive jeep out of the parking lot
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  kalamykid replied 1 month ago.

Do you have any pics of the damage before you had it fixed?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
not right now, can get some by friday
Expert:  kalamykid replied 1 month ago.

If you can send me some pics of the damage, I may be able to help you with this. I would really like to see pics of the engine bay as well as the out side damage. When you had the accident was there any transmission fluid on the ground under the jeep?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
there was transmission fluid as well as coolant on the pavement under where the jeep came to a stop, I will send you pictures as soon as I can Thanks
Expert:  kalamykid replied 1 month ago.

Thank you. If there was trans fluid on the pavement, then the trans may be low on fluid. If it was run low on fluid that would cause the trans to not work correctly. Did the tow company move the jeep by driving it?