Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech

Jeep was in good running order until another driver tried to

Customer Question

jeep was in good running order until another driver tried to make a left turn on a red light right in front of me / I locked down the brakes but could not avoid hitting him broadside / all of my visual damage was on the front / other guy's insurance does not want to pay now for my damaged water pump and internally damaged transmission. now, after the wreck and front end damage repaired, insurance says that the wreck did not cause water pump damage nor did the impact cause the damage to the transmission. My stance- just because the water pump was not damaged by the fan and just because the transmission had no visual damage on the outside does not mean that the impact did not cause the damage. I know for sure that the wreck caused these damages because I was driving the jeep every day before the accident occurred. How can I prove to insurance company that the wreck caused these damaged? As you can imagine, this has been very frustrating to me. Thank you so much for any help that you can offer, Larry
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: It was last changed about 2 weeks before the accident. I have not checked the brake fluid in the last 3 months while the jeep has been in 3 different shops. I was not told if it was checked at the shops or not.
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 1998 jeep wrangler
JA: Are you fixing your Wrangler yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am not trying to fix the jeep myself
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: jeep has automatic transmission
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  kalamykid replied 1 month ago.

What is the transmission doing that is not correct? Did you have any damage to the radiator?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
transmission slips, stops, starts, is barely working if you can call that working / radiator an numerous hoses were badly damaged and had to be replaced due to front impact
Expert:  kalamykid replied 1 month ago.

Do you have any pics of the damage before it was repaired?