Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

I have a 2006 keep grand Cherokee with navigation (rec)

Customer Question

I have a 2006 keep grand Cherokee with navigation (rec) Radio won't turn on. Everything else works. Tried pulling the fuse. It's good. tried leaving the battery unplugged for awhile. Didn't work. Had a friend of mine clear the codes when I changed my oil. Right after that the radio turned off. How do I reset it?
JA: When was your last oil change?
Customer: Yesterday
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yeah. I've tried disconnecting the battery and pulled the amp fuse in the interior fuse box
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name is*****'m a 19 Yr Jeep dealership technician and I will be helping you with your question today...

Expert:  Brad replied 2 months ago.

The next step will be to pull the radio and check to see if it has 12v and ground going to it, if yes then you have a bad radio.. If no then you will need to trace the wires back to the fuse box because if the fuse is good and has 12v then your loosing voltage...

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thing is I I tested it with two other radios and it's not working with either and my volt reader is showing it's getting 12volts
Expert:  Brad replied 2 months ago.
How about the ground? What is your VIN so I can grab a wiring diagram for you?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
1J8GR48KX6C321643
Expert:  Brad replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for the VIN!!

I attached the wiring diagram.. It shows Pin 1 and 12 are 12v, and 11 and 22 are ground. Your missing one of them since none of the radios work...

Have a great day,

Brad

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
They were all there. I got it to work though. I pulled the #28 fuse, 20 amp, under the hood, Intergrated power module. It reset it. Some how when my friend cleared the codes from the computer. You have to reset the radio by pulling that fuse.
Expert:  Brad replied 2 months ago.

Have a great day,

Brad

Expert:  Brad replied 2 months ago.

Do you need more help?

Expert:  Brad replied 2 months ago.

Glad I could help and don't forget to rate so I'm credited for assisting..

I hope this helps you and in the future feel free to request me for all your Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep needs..

Have a great day,

Brad

Expert:  Brad replied 2 months ago.

I'm not credited for helping unless you leave a positive rating. I did my part and explained what you need to do to repair our vehicle and I would greatly appreciate a positive rating..

Thanks,

Brad