sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have an issue with throttle valve electronics light

Customer Question

I have an issue with throttle valve electronics light flashing and the power loss of the engine.
JA: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?
Customer: It permanently blinks. I have diesel grand Cherokee 2007
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: So far nothing.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Actually that's it.
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are several things that will cause the electronic throttle light to come on. It could be directly related to the accelerator pedal position sensor or it could be any other failure which inhibits the engine controller from correctly controlling RPM.

The first step in diagnosing the problem is to use a scan tool to see what fault codes are setting and then testing can be done from there. Do you know what codes are setting?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will let you know the codes shortly.

Great!