Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Jeep Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Jeep Diagnostics/Repair

I have a 2008 Jeep Commander Limited. 5.7L (dual Temp

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 2008 Jeep Commander Limited. 5.7L (dual Temp controls)
When the heat is turned on, the air coming out of the drivers side is warm but cold coming out of the passenger side, so window will not defrost on passenger side. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Ron Z and I'll be helping you with your question today. Please give me a moment to load in your vehicle and grab some information. Be right back...

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok, thank you
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 month ago.

When the air temperature is only correct on one side of the dash, this is most commonly due to a faulty Blend Door Actuator. This is a little motor that turns the door internal of the HVAC housing to switch between heat and A/C as commanded by the control panel. The passenger's side actuator is located behind the passenger's side dash mounted to the side of teh HVAC housing. To gain access, the glove compartment will need to be removed. Inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. Remove the actuator and turn the door by hand making sure there is no binding. Any problems here, and the HVAC housing will need to be removed, opened and the internal door repaired as needed. If everything checks ok, replace the blend door actuator. If you found this answer helpful, please help me by leaving a rating using the "stars" at the top of the page or click 'accept'. A 5-star rating is much appreciated!
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for answering your question

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hi Steve! I noticed this thread was still open, so I wanted to check in and see how you made out? Any other questions you had? Did you find my answer helpful?

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 month ago.