Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee will not run after changing the

Customer Question

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee will not run after changing the fuel filter
JA: Is the fuel filter an external one, or is it inside the tank?
Customer: outside
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. It was having power issues at highway speeds. I changed the fuel filter and now it will start, but acts as if I turned off the key after about 1-2 seconds.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

If the only thing you did was change the filter and there were no issues prior. Then i would have to say this maybe air in the line that needs some time to be purged out. To do that you turn the key on for 5 seconds then off. Repeat that 5 times, then retry. In the event this does not help then it was a coincidence. Do you have the ability to check for stored codes and to check the fuel pressure?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.
Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris