Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

1999 jeep grand battery go dead over night have run test by

Customer Question

1999 jeep grand battery go dead over night have run test by take out one fuse at a time checking meter for draw no change interior light stay on unlest shout off by switch
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

When you removed one fuse at a time did you wait at least 5 minutes between each fuse removal to see if the drain would drop at all?

Is anything after market installed on your vehicle at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
left them out removed both under hood and in car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

What switch are you using to turn off the interior lights?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
on the turn single switch on left side of wheel
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

O.k.,since this is involved with the interior lights not turning off with this battery drain issue here this can be a fault with the BCM (body control module).It controls the light signals and if it is shorted internally it can cause the lights to stay on.Below is the diagram of this on your model here.

Unplug the connectors from it and if the drain goes away then it needs replaced.It is located under the drivers side dash as shown below.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
all ready replaced body control mod
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

O.k. this has to be a fault with one of the door latch sensors sending an incorrect signal that a door is opened.This will cause the BCM to keep the lights on as well as cause the battery drain issue here.It looks like your lift gate ajar switch,and all other door switches send signals to the BCM to control the interior light operations.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete