Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech

My power windows and locks are not working. Already fixed

Customer Question

My power windows and locks are not working. Already fixed the split wires in the door. Everything worked for a couple of minutes but when I went out to drive my jeep they stopped. Just replaced the master control switch in the drivers door and still not working. Thought a fuse might be bad so trying to figure out if that is it or something else.
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: That's what I'm asking about. Fuse diagram I had didn't indicate which fuse was for the power controls. Trying to figure out which fuses to pull.
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 2004 grand Cherokee
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. First was split wires in the rubber boot in the door jam. Fixed all of those. Worked for 5 minutes and turned the jeep off. Went to drive it 10 min later and stopped working. Just replaced the control switch (window controls, door lock, etc...) and that didn't work.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 month ago.

Hello, do you have a testlight or voltmeter if we need to do some tests?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not handy. I can get one from my buddy if needed. Also, replaced the main computer last summer if that is helpful info.
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 month ago.

I would prefer to do some power tests at the drivers switch, Its really not a switch is the drivers door module, You changed that?