Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech

Just tried to autostart my jeep wrangler 2014. went outside

Customer Question

just tried to autostart my jeep wrangler 2014. went outside and it wasn't on but was locked. key fob wouldn't unlock it so i used the key in the door. got in and it wouldn't start. nothing came on except the red security light
JA: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?
Customer: stay solid
JA: Are you fixing your Wrangler yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i tried removing the fuse in m13 for a minute
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: do you know how to reset security system?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 month ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Can you post the last 8 digits of the VIN and the miles on the odometer so that I can do some research on this concern for you?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
please just keep my $5 and cancel my question. I am just going to take it to the dealership tomorrow.