Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

2009 jeep grand Cherokee. After driving and putting into

Customer Question

2009 jeep grand Cherokee. After driving and putting into park the fob will not turn all the way to the left and I can't remove the fob. If I move the shifter forward and back a few times I hear a click in the dash and then I can remove the key.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. This is being caused by a sticking ignition lock lever/mechanism in the shifter assembly, or a shift interlock cable that needs to be adjusted. Ask the dealer or a shop you trust check the adjustment first. If the cable is out of adjustment just a little bit, then what you are experiencing will happen. If you do your own work and want to do this yourself, let me know and I will look for the procedure for you.

I hope this information helps, and if so would you take a minute and rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me if you have any follow up questions.

Thank you!

Chris