Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech

Engine starts, just won't turn over and start running.Have

Customer Question

Engine starts, just won't turn over and start running.Have had $2300 work done on it this year.Please let it be something quick and easy! Battery is newish. What else could it be? I am old and living on social security. What should I do? How much does a tow truck cost? Please help me. Thank you so much!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 month ago.

Hi there.

I think you mean engine cranks but won't start? If so, there are several possible causes for that to happen; lack of fuel or ignition spark among those. Can you try starting fluid? - if it starts and runs for a few seconds on starting fluid, that would narrow the number of possibilities to either fuel delivery or fuel supply.

You also mention the check engine light not coming on. Does that mean it doesn't come on even if you just turn the ignition switch on with the engine off?