Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Certified
49095596

I have the sunroof assembly out of my 1998 Jeep Grand

Customer Question

I have the sunroof assembly out of my 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee and I believe there is a broken piece on one side below the glass and the rail. How do I remove the glass from the rails?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Robert R replied 3 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Click the following link for sunroof glass panel removal...

--->> Click Here to view <<---

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I get an error when I click on the link?
Expert:  Robert R replied 3 months ago.

Click the link again, sometimes it takes a few minutes for the upload to appear...

Thank you,

Robert

______________________________________

Please keep in mind, If I haven't clearly answered your question and you need additional info, please don't hesitate to ask "before" you Rate my Answer.

Remember, RATING is REQUIRED to credit me for helping you!

A "One Star" or "Two Star" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service on your behalf...

This site operates on the honor system, meaning I only get paid with a "3 Star" rating or better. Once you are satisfied with my service, please "Rate". Remember, you have already paid to use the site, all the rating does is allow the expert to be paid for his time. Expert Payment comes out of the fee you paid to use the service. Thanks in advance for a "5 Star" Rating.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I cannot get it the vent position, the first step.
Expert:  Robert R replied 3 months ago.

If you can get it to where you can access the adjustment screws, that is all that is necessary to remove the glass. The adjustment screws are the only things that hold the glass in..

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Getting to the adjustment screws is the problem, There must be another way.
Expert:  Robert R replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately, there is no other way to get the glass off the track assembly. You MUST be able to access these screws to be able to remove the glass. You may try to remove the motor and manually move the mechanism to get the glass to the vent position...

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How does the mechanism cover come off? Does it snap on/off?
Expert:  Robert R replied 2 months ago.

Yes, the mechanism cover snaps on and off. Just be caureful when popping it off to avoid breaking the clips..

______________________________________

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please send me a refund.
Expert:  Robert R replied 2 months ago.

For any issues about billing and payment, please contact Customer Support at***@******.***. They will take care of any issue you have with billing, payment, your subscription, etc. - As an Expert, I only provide advice on technical matters in my field(s) of specialization.