Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Why do all my interior lights stay on except when key is on

Customer Question

Why do all my interior lights stay on except when key is on when I disable alarm as you instructed
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

So you remove the key, exit the vehicle, lock the doors. The courtesy lights or instrument illumination lights remain on?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no I have a problem with the alarm on my 98 Jeep grand cherokee limited I have taken off door panel on drivers side and grounded out wire and now when i take key out of ignition the interior lights stay on which drains battery,
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
are you there?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok so here is my problem I have a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. Recently the alarm goes off for no good reason, which is really disturbing neighbors, so I took the advice I read on here and grounded out the wire from drivers side door lock and now the interior lights and courtesy lights stay on all the time, so any advice is appreciated

With this wire grounded you were hoping to send a signal to the vehicle that the drivers door is never open?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
you still haven't answered me and you want feedback?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
if so it will be totally negative as all you did was ask a question which was really off the wall if you would of read question

Sorry you do not like the questions I ask to help you by diagnosing the question. I will opt out so another can help.