sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Was doing a night trail this weekend. I have the jwspeaker

Customer Question

Hi was doing a night trail this weekend. I have the jwspeaker head lights evolution series. I discovered that my head lights would only switch off when in park position on the transmission. And now have also seen that the the lights come on and off when the park brake is either activated or released. The lights do not function properly with the light control switches. My jeep is a wrangler 2012 rubicon 4 door please assist in the reason and how to fix this
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

What you're describing is the normal operation of daytime running lights on a current Chrysler product. Daytime running lights will come on when the transmission is placed in gear, and are defeated when the emergency brake is set. What you've described is normal operation assuming these aftermarket lights are controlled by the vehicle's lighting system.