Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have a 2004 jeep grand cherokee that won't start. Well its

Customer Question

I have a 2004 jeep grand cherokee that won't start. Well its up to about 25 tries and then it will start, its gotten worse over the past few months. It has new coil pack and a new crank position sensor, has fuel and spark. Only code is a p1495.
JA: Are you certain it's the fuel pressure sensor that's in need of attention? What about the fuel rail? Have you checked it yet?
Customer: I was wondering if the cam sensor could be at fault since changing the crank position sensor did not work.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I am, new coil pack, crank position sensor, fuel filter again only a p1495 code.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not that I can think of
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Joshua Davenport replied 1 month ago.

Good Evening. What size engine does you Grand Cherokee have in it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Ok. When it does start, does the engine run smooth or is it rough and stumbling?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no thanks
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Your response was no thanks, ***** ***** the previous tech opted out. Would you like me to help?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The engine runs smooth.

Have you done any diag steps for the code you have yet?

Once it does start is there briefly smoke from the exhaust? Possibly from oil or fuel or coolant in the cylinders.

Current miles?

Will it start sooner at full throttle? If so it could be flooded.

When it will not start is there fuel pressure, ignition spark, and injector pulse while cranking?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It was the cam sensor and we found the broken vacume line so no more code.

Gad you got it resolved.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris