Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

ESP bas and traction control and abs light on, just abs

Customer Question

ESP bas and traction control and abs light on
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: just abs espbas and traction control light
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 2007 Jeep Liberty
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Unhooking battery and putting on new cables. Also put a new set of tires
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no. not that im aware off
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. This is most likely a failing wheel speed sensor. The # 1 cause of these lights coming on is almost always wheel speed sensor related. It could be another ABS circuit issue, but I bet it is a sensor.

What I recommend doing is to ask your auto parts store to connect their ABS scan tool and read the codes. That will identify which sensor is failing. Then you can have it replaced. Most auto parts stores will check this for free.

I hope this information helps, and if so would you take a minute and rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me if you have any follow up questions.

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 4 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my answer. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 4 months ago.
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my answer. Let me know if you need further assistance. Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. I do not think it is a rear main. I have seen this before and there is a bulletin that talks about this. Read this bulletin. I think it will help you.:

Vehicle Issue: Oil leak from engine.;Oil appears to be coming from lower portion of engine (often thought to be from oil pan to engine block area as oil can be seen on the oil pan to block seam). Verify location of leak by cleaning pan area and observing the location where the oil is first noticeable. If the oil appears to come from behind the starter inspect the area around the heat exchanger (located in the “V” of the engine).

System or ComponentEngine Oil Issues,Engine Oil Leak;Customer Concern (No DTCs);Group 09 - Engine,Engine Oil

RecommendationOil appears to be coming from lower portion of engine (often thought to be from oil pan to engine block area as oil can be seen on the oil pan to block seam). Verify location of leak by cleaning pan area and observing the location where the oil is first noticeable. If the oil appears to come from behind the starter inspect the area around the heat exchanger (located in the “V” of the engine). If heat exchanger is found to be the cause of the leak. Replace heat exchanger. Other possible areas to inspect are valve cover gaskets on the valley side of the block.

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 4 months ago.

Sorry, that last reply from me was meant or someone else.

Chris