Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a 2005 grand jeep cherokee limited.i have a combo

Customer Question

Hi There
I have a 2005 grand jeep cherokee limited.i have a combo radio navigation system..the screen is black.the only thing that works is the preset radio buttons and volume so I can at least listen to music.i am wondering if I have to replace the whole system or get it repaired as the radio does work .it may just be a broken screen
Thank you
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. The complete unit will need to be replaced. I work at a Jeep dealer and have seen this before. Have the dealer order you an exchange radio and have it replaced.

Chris

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I've priced them and they're outrageous thru a dealer..can I replace it with something other than factory made..I don't even care if it has navigation
Expert:  Chris replied 8 months ago.

I know. Very expensive. Yes you can get an aftermarket radio (pioneer, Sony, etc ) and if I were in your shoes that is whwt I would do.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 8 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply? If so please let me know, and if you get a chance would you kindly take a moment and rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it and if you need further assistance, I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me.

Thank you!

Chris