Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicle
45790705

I have a 2009 Jeep Commander and I'm having trouble with the

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Jeep Commander and I'm having trouble with the front passenger window will not go up or down from either side I have replaced everything including both harnesses in the passenger door the door window module the motor the driver switch and what could be the problem I hear a clicking in The passenger door module when I push the button to put the window up and down I am having so much trouble please help thank you
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I also tried to program the door module could not access it not sure why so I disconnected the battery touch the positive and negative something else together for five minutes to a race the memory still no movement
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

may I ask if you confirmed that window motor is working, did you unplug it and gave power straight to it, does it work ?

do you V6 3.7 l or v8 4.7 liter or v8 5.7 liter, so i can look up the wiring circuit diagram ?

was the switch & door module new or used parts ?

have you tested ground & power coming out of the switch or getting to the switch ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Straight power motor works it's a 5.7 parts all new dealer

ok great ,thank you

first ,lets start here , have you done this after parts replacement

please let me know

Thank You *****

2009 Jeep Truck Commander 4WD V8-5.7L

Save Article

Select Print Option Complete Article Text Only Image(s) Only

CLEAR/RELEARN NOTE: The battery must be fully charged or the vehicle running for proper calibration of the front door module. NOTE: The following procedure must be performed anytime the power window system has been serviced in either front door or, there is a possible concern with a door module calibration.

Express-up / Express-down possible concerns. - Glass will not lower all the way down flush to the belt-line. - Glass will not raise fully; wind noise / water leak. - Glass will not raise automatically (Express-up) after lifting the switch to the second detent and releasing. To clear/denormalize the door module memory, perform the following procedure: CLEAR/DENORMALIZE 1. Check and repair any door module Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC)(s) before proceeding. 2. Using a scan tool, under the miscellaneous functions menu select (Denormalize Window/Reset ECU), and follow the directions to clear/denormalize the door module memory. To relearn/normalize the door module memory, perform the following procedure: RELEARN/NORMALIZE NOTE: The battery must be fully charged or the vehicle running before proceeding. 1. If needed, place the vehicle battery on charge or have the engine running. 2. To relearn/normalize the door module, start by raising the door glass to the full-up position by pulling up on the window switch to its second detent and hold the switch until the door glass is fully closed. Continue to hold the window switch up for two seconds after the door glass is full closed. 3. Lower the door glass to the full-down position by pushing down (depress) the window switch to its second detent and hold the switch until the door glass is fully open. Continue to hold the window switch down for two seconds after the door glass is fully open. 4. Check the operation of the express-up and express-down features. 5. If the express up does not work, repeat the procedure starting at step #2, waiting for three seconds after the window stops. 6. Check that the door glass reverses when in the express-up mode by holding a pen in the path of the glass. 7. Recheck and repair any door module DTC's as needed

Let me know if that worked for you,if not we can continue trouble shooting

Chad