Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Im getting a p0455 code on my wrangler all of a sudden. I

Customer Question

Im getting a p0455 code on my wrangler all of a sudden. I just replaced the radiator earlier today and the light was not on before I did it.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Check engine light. I know how to check it for the code, and it is a p0455
JA: What year is your Wrangler?
Customer: 2002
JA: Are you fixing your Wrangler yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I do what I can on it. The radiator was leaking, so I replaced it earlier today.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** code means you have a large evap leak which would not be related to radiator replacement. This usually means fuel cap, evap lines, or leak detection pump has failed. Do a good visual inspection of evap lines near charcoal canister in rear of vehicle. If everything looks good then next step is to replace fuel cap. If problem comes back your best option is paying a shop to do a smoke test to find the leak, if no leak is found replace the leak detection pump. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.