eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase mechanic 16 Plus years in the field

I have a 2005 jeep liberty 6 cylinder when first start up

Customer Question

I have a 2005 jeep liberty 6 cylinder when first start up runs good shifts good but after couple min motor starts to warm up, then you can't rev motor up over 2100 rpms while in gear driving or stopped in park. Like the rev limitors come in. Can't hardly excellerate or pass some one. We changed the throttle body, mass air flow sensor, throttle position sensor, and pulled 02 sensors out of exhaust to make sure the cats were not stopped up and it still does the same thing. No codes in computer.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Amedee replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. I can give you some possible causes or walk you through this diagnoses. If we diagnose it, you will need to run special tests with special tools. Or I can give you possible causes. Which do you prefer?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
don/t have lot special tools so poss causes
Expert:  Amedee replied 2 months ago.

No problem. If you are sure there are no codes in the computer, then I would suspect a base engine mechanical issue or low fuel pressure due to a bad/weak fuel pump. The fuel pump on these vehicles goes bad all of the time. I would suspect this first over any engine issue and this is a failry simply repair as it can be fixed at a repair shop in less than 1 day.

Expert:  Amedee replied 2 months ago.

I am glad I can help!

It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "Excellent Service" for assisting you today.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
not so fast lets see if you can help before were jumping to good faith deposit I have a car lot and been working on cars 30 years as I said car runs as should until temp starts to rise / you can rev 4000 rpm then it will not let you rev over 2100 rmp but you can get up to 80 mph as long as you don /t push it
Expert:  Amedee replied 2 months ago.

Hello! No problem. I understand. I just wanted to ensure you are serious about paying for my help. You have asked 9 or 10 questions on the site and only have accepted two answer in total.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
we ask/ because we have a problem we can/ t figure out , your supposed to be experts were not going to accept if don/t help so seems like your wasting my time and don/t want to help so just refund my money I/ll go to some one who can help
Expert:  Amedee replied 2 months ago.

It sounds like you just dont want to pay. Good day

Expert:  eauto replied 2 months ago.

do you have test equipment?