Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech

It just won't start, it turns over but won't start. I was

Customer Question

It just won't start, it turns over but won't start. I was told it is a sensor which I bought but don' know where it is. It is an 02 jeep grand cherokee
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: It says engine controls sensor the only thing that showed up was check gages
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Husband is fixing this is the first thing we tried, but don't know where it is, was told in floor board on drivers side
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't know what it would be
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 2 months ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

So you have a sensor that you don't know what it is or where it goes and you don't know what's wrong with your vehicle, all you know that it will not start. The first thing you need to do is see what codes are in it with a scantool, once you have them post the codes here and I will tell you how to fix it.

Talk soon,