sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

05 Grand Cherokee 4.7 liter: the right side cylinders are

Customer Question

05 Grand Cherokee 4.7 liter: the right side cylinders are not hitting. The coils are firing the plug, I disconnected the coils one at a time, #2#4#6#8 made no rpm difference at all. Is there a common ground on the right side injectors that is not common to the left side?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. While I look up the wiring diagram, may I ask if any work has been done on your Jeep recently that may be related to this problem, or did it happen all at once?

While waiting to hear from you, I did look up the diagram and all the injectors are grounded by the computer (ground-side control) and they all share power from the same fuse (constant power). This should not affect one bank only. However, there should be a connector for each bank that could be partially disconnected or corroded, especially if someone has worked on it and maybe did not attach it securely. If you have access to a noid light (you can rent them at a parts store usually) then you can check injector pulse by unplugging one at a time and installing the noid light in the connector to see if it is getting its ground signal. It is not safe to test injector circuits with a test light, so if you do decide to go this route, please use a noid light to avoid damaging the computer. Keep me posted and good luck!

Hi, this is Josh checking in to see if you have made any progress on the vehicle

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Do you still need help?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry gentlemen, you guys had a glitch with your system and I was never able to communicate with you. I resolved the issue with the Jeep myself, however thanks anyway.

I'm glad you got it repaired.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
sprinkles08, Do you guys have any customer service in the United States? There is still an issue with my account , I have called the customer service line and all I get is someone in the Phillipines who can not speak English.

This is the US customer service number.

1.***-***-****
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** they can get me straightened out. You are the only one I have been able to communicate with for the last 2 weeks.

You're welcome!