Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech

I have a 1994 Jeep grand Cherokee. When driving all my

Customer Question

I have a 1994 Jeep grand Cherokee. When driving all my cluster needles start to go limp (not working) when this happens the warning lights come on and aircondition g blows warm and the security key light stays on steady, then a few minutes later the needles will go back to work for a few seconds...this goes on every few seconds. If I shut the truck off while the needles are not working, the truck will start for 3 seconds then shut off. I have to remove the negative battery terminal to get it to start again. I changed the cluster, still same problem.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: when the cluster needles start to break down, the gas light, security key with circle and line going through it comes on, check engine lights on, basically all orange warning lights come on
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Amedee replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. What size engine do you have? Have you checked for codes in the computer? Can I get your VIN? Thank you!