Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  35 years experience in the automotive and Lt truck repair business, owner Cardoctor LLC Guthrie, OK

I had my Jeep's belt tensioner fixed. It ran fine for 5

Customer Question

I had my Jeep's belt tensioner fixed. It ran fine for 5 days. I changed the oil from regular to synthetic two days ago. It ran so good that I took my wife to show off how good it was preforming. Two miles from home Jeep turned itself off and I found myself in a country road with stalled car. I managed to start it up and made it back home. Tack jumped all over the place when engine stopped. Now its in driveway and will not start. I popped the hood and found the PVC tube had been disconnected from both ends. I hooked the tube back up and car will not start (backfired once for the first time in 150,000 miles), Could disconnected tube have caused serious damage to engine? How should I approach the repair shop manager in this matter?
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ive already gotten this far before when technical difficulties on your end stopped the process
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 2 months ago.

Most likely an ignition control module failure hence the tach jumping and backfire, the pcv hose being disconnected made the engine run extremely lean and yes could have damaged the engine, I would have a repair facility run a wet /dry compression test to determine extent of damage, Please Accept and Rate my answer, if you have further questions ,I will continue to answer them until you are completely satisfied with my answers.