sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

Bill I just wrote back the clock is working fine and the

Customer Question

bill I just wrote back the clock is working fine and the works fine with lights on. I just spent 10 min. typing you a return message, stay with me to figure this out please. jeep produced 4 or 5 clocks between 87/91. I have two proper clocks for my vin. 4 leads out of clock to a 6 lead connector only 4 used in the connector for the red/w gray trace-battery hot full time, blue/ black trace go to circuit board. Black goes to bulb and blue/ w white trace also to bulb. The bulb size is stamp on back and works with lights on, not when key is turn to accy, as it should. model clock 56002814. now please stay with me ok
Category: Jeep
Expert:  bill replied 2 months ago.

i just googled the XJ clock image and it rang a bell the old LCD display was superseded to a LED display the clock was part of the warning lamp panel, (been a few years since i have seen an older pre 91 XJ the extra wires are for warning bulbs you may or may not have

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I bought 4 new # 74 bulbs this week they all work. period and the clock works period....... the problem is you turn the key to the on position it should illuminate like it did for 26 yrs. its should be hot to key and illuminate. it works lights on and dimmer. lets get off the clock and bulb and find the problem .fuses all good. there seem to be a rely according to the wiring schematics
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  bill replied 2 months ago.

i have to opt out of this one my diagrams stop at 1992 which are wired very differently than the older xj's and that wonderful service book you sent a link to will not properly download, please DO NOT RESPOND another expert will be along shortly

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
bill I sent you a pdf manual for 1989 . go to electrical then clock and you will see it all, along with trouble shooting write ups if you received it and want to continue let me know asap I need get busy. If not let me know how to get a refund and you let juskask that you could not help me
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no good I need it, got to keep going
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Do you still need help?