Kevin Bourcier
Kevin Bourcier,
Experience:  Owner/Technician at Max Air Mobile

I have a 1989 jeep Cherokee, with a LCD clock that will not

Customer Question

I have a 1989 jeep Cherokee, with a LCD clock that will not illuminate in the key on position. It illuminates with lights are on. I've got lower dash and drivers seat out to get on my back and search for problem. Fuses all good. The reason I care about this is I restore her back to when I bought it new still halls butt and zero mechanical in over 500,000 miles. can you help me resolve this problem, 3 day can't get working help. jack
Category: Jeep
Expert:  bill replied 2 months ago.

pull the clock and check the bulb that illuminates the LCD display, back then jeeps were ALL MAKES COMBINED and as such we sourced many parts from Ford, the bulb was known to blow on these and make the LCD very dim in normal driving, should be a 168 bulb her is a link to the bulb on the back of the clock

if you are 100% sure the bulb is fine then the clock assembly has failed and should be replaced, the lamp pulls power from the clock assembly so if the clock is working the bulb is dead or the clock is dead

this site is on the honor system once you are satisfied with the service you rate it, you have already paid to use the site all a rating does is allow the expert to be paid for his time and that comes out of the fee you paid to use the service

each expert is an independent "contractor" and is only paid for their time when you rate the service 3 stars or higher

any positive ratings allow me to assist you with this question in the future if you need

Expert:  Kevin Bourcier replied 2 months ago.

are you still in need of assistance ?