sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

My '92 Laredo's intern. Wiper cont. modi. is not working.

Customer Question

My '92 Laredo's intern. Wiper cont. modi. is not working. Watched u tube video but mine is different than ones shown connecters appear to match but that seems to be it as far as similarities. Mine is rivited together (drilled those out) and the circuits are exposed when cover is removed. From there nothing else appears to be like the ones shown in the fix-it tutes
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: Oh yes. Its just that the intern. Part is not working as well as the wipes get stuck if you turn off before cycle has completed. The problem began intermittently in the begining .
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: As I said I opened the unit could not see any burnt or corroded spots cleaned contacts plugged it back no help
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
Category: Jeep
Expert:  bill replied 2 months ago.

a laredo is only a trim what is the exact year make and model of the vehicle?

i would ideally prefer the VIN to properly decode the vehicle and it's options

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
39;92 Cherokee Laredo vin# *****
Expert:  bill replied 2 months ago.

and what exactly are you trying to do?

are you trying to repair this non serviceable solid state unit ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Dude, when you have the time watch the u-tube tutorial on how to repair a non serviceable unit. That way you won't waste other folks time. All I really need to know is there any difference between the modual I have(slim profile) and the ones I keep seeing on the internet (e-bay, amazon, etc.) That have larger component
Expert:  bill replied 2 months ago.

sorry since you just got rude and expect far more than any expert can give i have to opt out good luck

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the physical appearance of the other controllers is different then it's a different part. As far as internal differences there isn't a way to tell without physically looking as there are no internal parts available or documentation in the field on internal parts. It sounds as if you didn't see any problems internally and are looking for a replacement, if you're looking for a replacement you'd need to match the part number of a replacement controller to the part number on yours.