Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have the same issue except the starter comes on but it

Customer Question

I have the same issue except the starter comes on but it wont start does it have to do with me changing the spark plugs ?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Did the vehicle start fine prior to the tuneup?

You mentioned checking the start relay then you mentioned the starter comes on. I need to confirm it will crank?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the vehicle started fine before the sparkplug change. When I jump the starter relay, the starter kicks in but it wont start the car

Thanks so you have 2 issues now. A no crank and a no start.

At the removed starter relay are there 2 pins with battery voltage when trying to start?

With the key on, is the theft light off?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Where is the theft light located? I have to check the starter relay when I get home. So I put the key in the ON position and then check the voltage of starter relay?

You will need to hold the key in the start position to check the starter relay.

The theft light is in the instrument cluster.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I removed the starter relay and checked for voltage and I have voltage on the top slot and on the bottom right slot.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the red dot (anti-theft) light comes on.

The theft light should go off when the key is on meaning the key code is valid. This will allow the computer to ground the starter relay and allow the engine to crank and start. Have you tried your spare key? Does your vehicle have an aftermarket alarm or remote start?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Problem resoved.
Thx anyway.