Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Certified
49095596

I have a 2013 jeep wrangler and is wont start, just put a

Customer Question

hi Robert I have a 2013 jeep wrangler and is wont start
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: just put a new battery in
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it won't cranck or make any noise at all, there is a red dot on top of the temp hgauge that is flicking
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: alternator is fine too
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Robert R replied 3 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.Can you post the last 8 digits of the VIN and the miles on the odometer so that I can do some research on this concern for you?

Do you have a second key that you can try to start the vehicle? The red dot is the security lamp, If it is flashing there is a malfunction with the immobilizer. The key would be the first thing to eliminate as a cause... Try the second key and let me know if it works...

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No I do not have a second key, actually I just took it to the dealer and made a new key which they program it, and yes the red dot is flashing
Expert:  Robert R replied 3 months ago.

Is the vehicle still at the dealer? If so, Have them scan the vehicle and write down all codes or give you a printout of the codes. If you can post the codes here, I can give you my opinion as to what I think is wrong...

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert