Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Certified
49095596

I had my stereo was stolen so they clipped wires and now the

Customer Question

I had my stereo was stolen so they clipped wires and now the security system overrides the fuel pump when trying to start it and shuts It Off
JA: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?
Customer: Fuel pumps been replaced a year ago
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 99 Jeep Wrangler Sport
JA: What year is your Wrangler?
Customer: 99
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not very much just tried to start it and I can tell that the security systems overriding the fuel pump cause it starts for 2 seconds and shuts off starts runs perfect for 2 seconds shuts off
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Just that the stereo has been stolen and wires were clipped on the harness to the stereo harness
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Robert R replied 4 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Have you made sure all wires are separated and insullated before trying to start it? Have you checked ALL fuses. They may have blown fuses when clipping the wires.

Run these two tests and let me know if you are able to get it goin.

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No wires touching the no fuse is blown still starts up for 2 seconds and shuts off
Expert:  Robert R replied 4 months ago.

Sometimes the modules need to reset. Try disconnecting the battery for at least a few minutes then reconnect it and retest.

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I let it reset and still the samething, how can I do away with it or over ride if possible?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Robert R replied 4 months ago.

Unfortunately there is no way to bypass or override the security system. The problem must be fixed before the vehicle will be allowed to start. The best way to get this figured out is to have it scanned with a capable scanner. If you can have it scanned for codes write down the codes and post them here. If I have codes to go from I will have the best chance of getting this figured out.

Keep me posted...

Thanks

Robert

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have done everything suggested yet problem still same, I would think with a wire diagram one might need to loop a couple wire to complete a circuit where stereo once was or something???? I put a scanner on it and says no codes thrown any other ideas are there anybody there that a jeep specialist because looking at veriots blogs onlin it seems to be a jeep thing???
Expert:  Robert R replied 3 months ago.

You stated: "I would think with a wire diagram one might need to loop a couple wire to complete a circuit where stereo once was or something????"

No, this would not work, you don't need a stereo there for the vehicle to start or any type of bypass there either. The only thing that is important there is that all the individual wires that were cut need to be individually insulated so they won't touch each other or touch anything.

As for scanning it, I need to know the make and model of the scanner or code reader that you are using to scan the vehicle... Some scanners can't talk to ALL onboard computers and this is what we need. We need to be able to talk to all modules to see if there is a communication issue between modules.

Let me know what scanner you are using and we can go from there..

Thank you,

Robert