Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

The passenger Windows are not working, the auto door lock

Customer Question

The passenger Windows are not working, the auto door lock only works on the driver front door, the keyless entry will not work, the mirrors will not work either
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: What is a fob battery?
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 2003 Larado
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, we've replaced the master switched, checked the door jams for sliced wires, checked the fuses. It went out, the a couple weeks later it all worked again, then went in and out for a few more weeks, then it stopped and hasn't worked in over a month
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I think that's it, it had stopped the first time when my dad had it while we were away, so I'm not sure if there is anything that happened when it went out
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Ok thank u
Category: Jeep
Expert:  bill replied 4 months ago.

how's your electrical skills?

there are some common problems with this jeep BUT you need good electrical repair and diagnosis skills

a fob battery is the battery that powers the key fob or also known as the keyless entry remote that remote is called a FOB.