Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

My 2005 Jeep Liberty -I'm able to unlock my Jeep when I use

Customer Question

My 2005 Jeep Liberty -I'm able to unlock my Jeep when I use the keyless entry. I get inside and start the engine' two seconds later the alarm goes off and the engine dies.
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: Put in new battery in a day after it began, made sure battery was correctly placed.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Other than a new battery, I made sure tailgate was properly lock.(I do have a small dent to the back door but that happened months ago. Everything works on the Jeep, radio, windows, etc.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I tried to start it again yesterday but I turned the key all the way back then turned it forward like you should but now nothing will work besides the alarm.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 8 months ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

Do you see a red light on in the dash? Does your key have the remote built into the key itself? Do you have a spare?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The only red light or lights come is the normal lights are on for a second is oil and the others. Nothing seems to be different, I see these all the time just before the engine starts. Nothing odd, no warning light that jumps out to show a default. There is no spare key. That was misplaced several years ago. Now I tried several times getting a new one at the locale Jeep dealer near me only to be told they have no spare key or they can not order one on line. They tell me to contact some dealer in Pen., I live in Chicago.(These are the same people who only put two quarts of oil in my Jeep during an oil change. And there " Master mechanic" said it was O.K. That's another story sometime latter. Now I tried to turn the lock button five times with in five or ten seconds like the book says to. Plus I do not have the Jeep parked near power lines, CB,s anything to cause interference with signal.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The only red light or lights come on is the normal lights are on for a second is the oil and the others. Nothing seems to be different, I see these all the time just before the engine starts. Nothing odd, no warring lights that jumps out to show default. There is no spare key, I misplaced it several years ago with no luck getting anew one made or ordered at my locale Jeep dealer. Now I tried to press the lock button five times with in ten seconds like the book suggests. Plus I do not have the Jeep parked any where near high power lines, CB,s anything to cause interference.