Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master...30+ years...Shop owner..engine builder..collision structural repair

Just changed the oil in the differentials on my 2015

Customer Question

just changed the oil in the differentials on my 2015 rubicon. i was only able to get 1 quart in the front diff, and it looks like the filler plug sits slightly below the axle. am i missing something?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Jerry replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

You are not missing anything, the front differential only hold about one quart. Here are the capacity specs for it.

Front Axle Fluid Capacity

186 FBI (Model 30) 2.1 Pints ( 1.0 Liters )

Rear Axle Fluid Capacity

226 RBI (Model 44) 4.75 Pints ( 2.25 Liters )

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

Expert:  Jerry replied 2 months ago.

Did you get that?

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it. Thanks

I do not have access to your email address,